Repaired piano bench and a truck window

Yesterday, B came by my office at lunch and asked me what I was doing. I told him I wanted to get some wood to repair the piano bench that was broken when we got the piano. He suggested looking in the scrap bin of Home Depot to see if they had a 1x4 piece to fix the back and maybe some scrap thin plywood to fix the bottom.

I also wanted to get a rock-chip repaired in my truck's window before winter hit and the chip starred even worse than it was already. So we stopped by the glass store before heading to HD.

The first glass store we went to was out of resin if you can believe it. Apparently with all the road repairs that have been taking place over the last couple months, so many people have gotten rock chips that this particular glass store couldn't keep up. We tried another place, but it was even more expensive.

Giving up on that idea, B said that while we were near his pop's place we should check and see if he might have some wood that I could use to make my repairs. Lo-and-behold, when we got there, they pulled out some old wood that had been used on an organ. They said I could have it for free. They also said that they had a small piece of thin plywood I could have. "Need to use the table-saw too? No problem!" ... I love those people.

With all the tools available and the good wood, I was able to create a duplicate of the destroyed wood piece. When I got home later that night, I put it all together and it looks better than ever.

As a side note, after working on the wood, I was able to stop by a third glass place. They were able to fix the chip and it was made even sweeter by being the cheapest place too. The truck also got two buy offers which made me feel proud.

What kind is it you ask? It's a 1976 Ford F150 Ranger 2wd.

No comments: